Superior Products Inc. created pre-cut Alaskan made Alaska spruce Superior Logs in 1983.
We have designed, made & supplied hundreds of Superior Logs buildings throughout
Alaska & Japan. Superior Logs are pre-cut, easy to assemble & competitively
priced. Most anyone can build using our "Simple yet Superior" pre-cut log
system. Our customers receive these benefits from our packages.
1) We make 6", 8" & 10" diameter, dry (19% or less moisture content),
Alaskan Spruce, Swedish cope, numbered, stress relieved with a top kerf cut (8" &
10" logs), precision round milled logs with saddle corners. Our 8" &
10" Superior Logs make Alaskan 4 star plus or 5 star energy ratings!
2) Superior Logs are predrilled 4' O.C. or less & 12" or less on either
side of openings for our 5/8" all thread bolt system starting at the foundation
through the top plates with dual top tensioning springs. Foam gaskets go
between each log. The logs range from 2' to 16' lengths, bundles weigh approx.
2,500 lb., clear poly wrapped, metal strapped & end "X" braced for easy
3) Our 1, 2, 3, ... log numbering system & log wall layout shows each
log by number in each wall plus each bolt & opening location. Our easy to
follow stacking guide allows anyone to assemble our Superior Logs in hours
with only man & womanpower!! No representative is needed at site. Visit
our authentic Superior Logs half log siding prices & detail information
4) We provide quality & thorough weathered-in shell packages & a detailed
materials list showing all materials & their use in your building. Your
building is beautiful, natural & ALASKAN!!
5) We will create a custom plan or use yours. Our plans are Alaskan
structurally engineered for your location, conditions & design. Our plans
are affordable & included in our shell packages!!
6) We offer referrals: Builders to help you build turnkey (finished)
or a weathered-in shell, real estate agents to help find land & lenders
for mortgage & construction loans referral lists statewide.
A few well-known Alaskan made SUPERIOR LOGS buildings:
A) 11,000 sq. ft. Kenai Princess Lodge at Cooper Landing
B) 3,000 sq. ft. City Offices of Pilot Station
C) 4,000 sq. ft. Mat-Su Visitors Center at Mile #1 on the Parks Highway
D) ERA Aviation buildings & Alaska Railroad Depot at Denali Park
E) 2,400 sq. ft. Phillips Tours Whittier offices
F) 2,000 sq. ft. Muskomee Bay Remote Lodge on Afognak Island
G) 6 @ 16'X 20' Ouzinke Corporation hunter cabins on Afognak Island
H) 3,400 sq. ft. Talkeetna & 2,800 sq. ft. Kasilof Post Offices
4,000 sq, ft. Anvik Community Center
ALASKA is the most demanding construction location in the world!! SUPERIOR
LOGS have been used for hundreds of cabins, homes, lodges & commercial buildings
We must be doing something right!! COME FIND OUT!!
See Superior Logs typical construction details below!!
Log" Round Milled Wall
|1. SADDLE CORNER
2. 5/8" X 40" ALL THREAD
3. 5/8" X 1 3/4" COUPLE NUT
4. 5/8" & 3/4" WASHERS (TYP)
5. HEX NUT W/ DUAL TOP SPRING
6. CLOSED CELL FOAM GASKET IN COPE
7. DADO SLOTS AT BUTTING END JOINTS
8. LOG BUTTING END JOINTS
9. WOOD SPLINE INSERTED AT LOG BUTTING END JOINT IN DADO WRAPPED IN GASKET
10. KERF CUT (STRESS RELIEF) IN TOP OF 8" &
|11. 1" X 1" VERTICAL DADO SLOT
12. EXPOSED END SADDLE CORNER LOGS EXTENDING OFF SUBFLOOR
13. HALF LOG WITH 2X TOP PLATES GABLE END (TYP)
14. 2X TOP PLATE FIELD DRILLED FOR BOLT HOLES (TYP)
15. CLIENT NUMBERS ON UNEXPOSED ENDS
16. 2X DOOR & WINDOW JAMB
17. OPENING LOG HEADER
18. TOP (T PART) HALF LOG
19. BOTTOM (B PART) HALF LOG
20. LOG EXTENSIONS & ROOF SUPPORT
||21. SUPERIOR LOG WALL
22. 5/8" x 40" ALLTHREAD
23. TOP PLATE
24. 3/4" FLAT WASHERS
25. DUAL TENSION SPRING
26. 5/8" FLAT WASHER
27. 2 @ 5/8" HEX NUT